About Training Company
Training Company is a fast-growing company, offering live, digital and blended learning solutions and programs to businesses across Canada and beyond.
We pride ourselves on Crazy Good content and an experiential learning experience that Wow’s our customers. We have an award-winning platform and an extensive library of premium course content. We are proud to work with some of the best content providers out there including Second City’s Works, to offer our clients the very best in learning. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and growing company and to get in on the ground floor.
We are currently looking for an Instructional Designer/Project Manager to join our growing team. This is a new position that requires a creative, independent and strategic thinker. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, personable, self-starter with the ability to support and execute on the learning strategy and curriculum roadmap using blended learning solutions.
Job Title: Instructional Designer/ Project Manager
Seniority Level: 3 – 5 years
Industry: Learning and Development
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Learning and Development Instructional Design, Project Management
• Design, revise, edit and present comprehensive training/knowledge content to meet business and learner needs.
• Maintain programs and content on LMS Curriculum development programs – facilitator guide, participant guides, assessment and content.
• Instructional design support for content within LMS (Learning Management System).
• Collaborate with subject matter experts and support teams to document processes.
• Facilitate training roll out and provide RFP pricing and support when required.
• Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of courses along with course curation.
• Maintain project documentation and course folders.
• Maintain courseware with ongoing changes to products and processes.
• Other L&D duties as assigned.
• University or College degree/diploma in a related field such as Adult Learning/Education, or Curriculum Development/Instructional Design strongly preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in instructional design, e-learning development, or similar.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of adult learning theories, and training design and their successful application within the workplace environment.
• Expertise with e-learning platforms and instructional design best practices.
• Extensive knowledge of Learning Management Systems, and SCORM.
• Ability to build rapport, develop, and maintain professional relationships across the business and with vendors, and within a virtual work environment.
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently; ability to set timelines and project progression; the flexibility to adapt to emerging issues in a changing environment.
• Strong computer skills and mastery of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to produce plans, reports, and presentations.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent organizational, time management, and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail.
• Focused on quality and results.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven team player who is both flexible and adaptable with an excellent work ethic.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working on multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. The candidate should be an adult learning expert with a customer/learner-centric and organized approach.
• Lead design projects to successful completion, performing both Senior Instructional Designer and Instructional Designer tasks throughout the project life cycle (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Evaluation).
• Ability to work in a team environment to design, develop and build blended learning solutions.
• Design learning that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learners, including the demonstrated understanding of cultural differences that may apply.
• Autonomously remains up to date on the latest innovations and best-practices in the Learning and instructional design community to aid experimentation and adoption of best practices.
• Demonstrated thought leadership and the ability to drive innovation and inspire others.
• Excellent analytical skills, experience with using learning management systems to drive the delivery of training solutions.
• A degree or certification in Performance Technology, Instructional Design, Adult Learning and/or Project Management is preferred.
• Proven experience as an Instructional Designer in a corporate or startup organization is preferable.