Online Training: Why Now Is A Good Time To Invest In eLearning
Any time is a good time to invest in online training solutions for your business. Right now, this investment could be a crucial element to the success of your remote team.
As businesses transition from the office to remote working, professional training is changing alongside the needs of businesses. Just as businesses have had to be agile, professional training has followed suit.
eLearning is an important part of an agile business plan.
As we have experienced with the recent COVID-19 pandemic, our normal working lives and environments can be turned upside down almost instantaneously. While this has undoubtedly had an impact on some fundamental aspects of your business, remote training of your team can ensure your employees can more readily adapt to these changes.
If you have relied on a more traditional approach to employee training up until now, or even if you have never considered professional development for your team, it may be time to consider the benefits. Adopting eLearning courses needs to be considered part of your long-term sustainable training plan.
What Is eLearning?
eLearning, short for electronic learning, is the delivery of training courses and modules via technological means such as laptops, tablets or mobile apps. As long as you have access to the internet, these online training solutions can be easily accessed. So, whether you are in the office, commuting or working remotely from home, it is easy for your employees to keep up with their training schedules.
In most cases, these eLearning courses are offered through a cloud-based platform like the one we offer, The Learning Centre. These learning management systems (LMS) offer a dashboard where employees can log in to complete training modules and where managers can easily access progress reports.
How Are Online Training Solutions Beneficial For My Business?
Now that we’ve covered the basics of eLearning, on to the next question company owners often ask: Why should I invest in employee eLearning?
How eLearning Benefits Your Employees
Employees today are keen to upskill.
- Learning keeps employees engaged.
- Learning allowed employees to advance their careers.
- In some cases, learning allows employees to receive further compensation.
- Learning provides measurable and achievable goals.
- Learning allows an employee to feel like they are being invested in.
Your employees are modern-day learners. This means they want to be able to access personalized content and consume it on a time schedule that suits them. According to a TwentyEighty report, during a time of need, most individuals want hassle-free access to bite-sized information on a mobile device.
That is why eLearning has become so popular as a way to deliver employee training, no matter what size your company is.
How Online Training Benefits Your Business
Employee satisfaction is one of many benefits of an online training solution. Here are some others you should know about:
- Saves time and money: Your staff can access training opportunities anytime, anywhere. They don’t need to take time out to attend in-person training classes and it helps companies to save costs on hosting a live trainer; such as commuting and accommodation costs.
- Leads to better retention: Bite-sized, interactive training content has proven to help employees retain more information. eLearning courses offer your staff the ability to learn in various ways i.e. through video, podcast or quizzes. Not to mention they are way more fun!
- Delivery of content is consistent: Everyone has their own learning styles. And each trainer will have their own way of teaching. With online training, course material is consistent and standardized. Meaning that each of your employees will receive the same experience regardless of their learning pace.
- It is scalable: Best of all, eLearning is a one-time investment and you can roll out as many employees as you need. By investing in an LMS platform, you can easily add more courses as time goes on also.
- Improved company culture: Morale, communication and efficiency are big parts of company culture. Read our blog about how eLearning directly impacts company culture.
How Do You Implement An Online Training Plan?
The benefits of eLearning are advantageous but is it easy to adapt from how you’ve been providing employee training so far? With the right platform and access to the best courses, the process can be really simple.
Online training plans can be tailored to exactly what your company and employees need. When you work with Training Company as your outsourced Learning & Development department that is customized to your business. We quickly set you up with an online training plan that suits your business needs right now and continues to grow with you. Find out more about the variety of courses we have available to start to understand the possibilities available to your business.
Take Your Business To The Next Level By Upskilling Your Team
Training Company will empower your SMB with the education and training courses that corporations and conglomerates invest millions into annually. There’s a reason why the Training Company is trusted by Staples and Foresters Financial.
Get in touch with us today and we can talk you through what a customized training plan will look like for you.